The vehicle is an important part of your self-drive holiday. Especially for a camping trip, this is the case because your car is like your own 'home'. In most cases we recommend a 4x4, but one chooses to travel on the majority of the (limited) asphalt-roads, then renting a sedan is also a good alternative.
For all vehicles is that they are well maintained and not older than 2 ½ years.
Explore Botswana assures that all vehicles are in perfect conditions and that an excellent back-up is guaranteed in case something turns out wrong. This allows you to enjoy your holiday in beautiful unspoilt Botswana and southern Africa.
Explore Botswana uses the services of the Car Rental Association of Namibia (CARAN).
We offer different types of 4x4's, most of Toyota and Nissan. In Africa, these brands are very reliable and together with other Japanese brands, the most represented. So there is always enough knowledge to local garages and there are often plenty of spare parts available locally.
All these 4x4 vehicles are technically adapted to the often harsh African roads and therefore well suited for both the asphalt and the gravel roads in Namibia. Thus, these 4x4 vehicles include following:
- Additional built-in fuel tank (140 liters in total)
- 40 liter water tank
- 40 liters Engel fridge (on request)
- Two spare wheels
- Tyre Pressure gauge
- Complete set of equipment and based spare parts
- Towrope and warning triangle
- First Aid Kit
With this category of 4x4s you can drive on all African roads and even "off-road". For the lower main gravel roads and driving in the rainy season in Botwana and Namibia, these vehicles are well suited.
Following is included:
- Unlimited mileage
- Airport and hotel transfers (in Windhoek, between 7h00 - 16h30)
- 24-hour back-up service for breakdowns
- 4x4 explanation & test drive
- Car Insurance with standard excess (in terms of damage to own vehicle)
- Liability insurance without own risk (for damage to third parties)
- Theft insurance with own risk
- Botswana & Namibia maps
- Windhoek and Swakopmund Map
- Description of places of interest
- Tips and Information
Vehicles include following in our standard tours
Our standard tours include the following type of 4x4 (unless otherwise stated): Toyota Hilux 2.5TD 4x4 Double Cab (Diesel)
Against a more or less price you can also choose other 4x4's (with or without camping) for example:
- Suzuki Jimny 4x4 (max. 2 persons) (no camping possible)
- Toyota Hilux 2.5TD 4x4 Single Cab (max. 2 persons)
- Toyota Hilux 3.0TD 4x4 Double Cab Automatic
- Toyota Hilux 3.0TD 4x4 Safari Automatic
- Toyota Bushcamper 4x4 (max. 2 persons)
- Suzuki Grand Vitara 4x4 (no camping possible)
- Toyota Landcruiser 4x4
- Land Rover Defender 4x4
Click here for more detailed information on all vehicles offered.